Certification is a progressive and time-proven way of helping law enforcement agencies calculate and improve their overall performances. The foundation of certification lies in the promulgation of standards containing a clear statement of professional objectives. Participating agencies conduct a thorough self-analysis to determine how existing operations can be adapted to meet these objectives. When the procedures are in place, a team of trained assessors verifies that applicable standards have been successfully implemented. The process culminates with a decision by a joint executive committee that the agency has met the requirements for certification.
Certification status represents a significant professional achievement. Certification acknowledges the implementation of policies and procedures that are conceptually sound and operationally effective.
Benefits of Certification
- Confirmation that agency practices are consistent with progressive professional standards
- Greater operational and administrative effectiveness
- Enhanced understanding of agency policies and practices
- Greater public confidence in the agency
- Recognition in the field of outstanding achievement
- Reduced liability potential
- Greater governmental and community support
The above information as stated from the Georgia Association Chiefs of Police website.