Gilmer County Sheriff’s Office is NOW HIRING for Detention Officers.
The Gilmer County Sheriff’s Office is seeking career oriented, highly motivated men and women with high moral and ethical standards to provide the entire range of law enforcement services to the community. We are a full service law enforcement agency offering employment in every aspect of policing and offer a wide range of employee and family benefits. We currently have openings for Detention Officers. Candidates for all positions must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Be at least 21 years of age for Deputy Sheriff and 18 years of age for Detention Officer, Communications Officer, and civilian positions
- Be a legal citizen of the United States
- Be registered with the Civil Service if you are a male born on or after January 1, 1960 unless you are a son of a foreign diplomat (if you are not certain if you are registered, visit www.sss.gov)
- Have no felony convictions
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Possess a valid driver license
- Possess an honorable discharge if prior military
Salary begins at $18 per hour with incentives of up to $2.00 per hour for military, education, experience and certifications, equaling $40,248 – $44,720 per year.
It is the policy of the Gilmer County Sheriff’s Office to hire the best qualified individuals by using a selection process that measures each applicant’s traits and characteristics in a manner that is related to the employment opportunity. The agency will practice a regimented and thorough selection process while simultaneously affording equal opportunity to everyone regardless of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, or age. The agency does not discriminate against people with disabilities and affords them the same opportunity for employment selection provided to all citizens. Where possible, the agency provides reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of qualified people.
If you feel like you would be a good fit for our team print and fill out an application, and turn it in to our Human Resources Division located in 911 Communications in the lower level of the court house.
For any questions please contact Human Resources at 706-635-4664.